Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Put Your Shoes On :) Day 2

I'll admit it.
I was a little nervous.
When I handed Mary her shoes and socks this morning, I was afraid of a repeat of yesterdays scenario.  (see http://www.pattyanddanstonefamily.blogspot.com)
So, I handed her some socks.
"Put your socks on please, Mary!"  I said cheerfully.
No response.
I repeated the request - still cheerfully.
This time she shoved the socks off her lap and huffed.
I place the socks back on her lap.
"Mary, put your socks on please!"
This whole conversation was repeated twice and then I hobbled out of the room, humming a song.
When I came back in, she was putting on her socks.
Yay!!
Next, the shoes!!
I place them near her.
"Put your shoes on Mary!" (cheerfully)
You get the picture.
After only 2 requests, she puts her shoes on!
Hooray!!
Of course, I had to tie them, but still!!
Oh yeah, we are makin' some progress!
And she put on her jacket without me asking!

No comments:

Post a Comment